I just can’t keep my Type 2 Diabetes under control, what am I doing wrong?
A healthy diet is an essential part of diabetes management as it can help to control blood glucose (sugar) levels and achieve a healthy weight. This doesn’t necessarily mean cutting out all carbohydrates and sugars – in fact, it’s possible to enjoy a wide range of foods and keep your blood glucose levels under control.
Dietitians can help in this area by:
- Assessing your individual diabetic needs, including current medications, other health conditions and concerns, and lifestyle factors.
- Developing a personalised nutrition plan that is delicious, satisfying and sustainable for diabetic management
- Helping you maintain energy levels for exercise and keeping active
- Identifying appropriate foods for diabetic control and nutritional adequacy
- Label reading and making healthy choices within meals and snacks
- Understanding meal timing and how blood glucose levels are impacted by certain foods